It has been a busy couple of weeks down in our lovely Pioneer Square offices. Here is the run down:
- We've launched a bunch of new functionality over on Pluggd.com. We've improved discoverability on shows, improved search, made it easy to share shows you like with your friends via email, among others. Check out the list of site improvements on Pluggd In. Or better yet, try it out for yourself at Pluggd.com. Let us know what you think...
- You can now search for podcasts on NetVibes. I posted about this on the Pluggd In blog when we launched our Pluggd search on NetVibes features. Thanks to the NetVibes team. They are a cool bunch of peeps and their service is great.
- There were some positive write ups about Pluggd's HearHere service that allows users to search for specific content within audio and video.
- John Havens interviewed me for his column in About.com. Incidentally, for those of you in the tri-state area, check out PodCamp NYC which John is helping to organize.
- Elliot Van Buskirk from Wired wrote a nice piece entitled, "Pluggd: A Google for Podcasts" which made the front page of digg.com.
- Kile Monson from Ziff Davis posted about us on AppScount
- Drew Olanoff from the Dest Damn Tech Show and Scriggity will be moving out to Seattle from Phili and joining us full-time. I can speak for the rest of the team that we're super excited about having Drew around. He brings tremendous excitment, vision, and energy as well as keen insight in what is happening on the web (or as he likes to call it - The Interwebs) today. Welcome Drew!
Receiving this level of press is certainly exciting and helps keep our team pumped up about what we're doing. However, we certainly have to be careful not to get too caught up in the buzz. The reason we're receiving this level of attention is because people are excited about the benefits our service promisies and we need to remain very focused on delivering.